In this episode we’re going to talk about what to do when you feel that familiar sense of overwhelm begin to creep in as you frantically try to keep everything you’re juggling in the air, without winding up completely under water in the process.
If you’ve ever felt like you were made for more than just trying to keep up with life, but feel lost as to how to break free from overwhelm when it strikes, my hope is that this episode will encourage and equip you with what you need to conquer overwhelm the moment it begins to invade your life.
What You'll Hear:
- What exactly overwhelm really is
- The primary reasons we wind up feeling overwhelmed in our lives
- God created us to live in peace, to bring order to chaos (not get sucked into it!)
- 5 practical things to do when you are feeling overwhelmed
- The importance of looking to the example Jesus set for how to do life on a daily basis
- How to regain control of your focus
- The power of doing life alongside other people
- Rest isn't just important - it's GODLY
Links & References:
- Psalm 38:4 - My guilt has overwhelmed me; like a load it weighs me down.
- Psalm 61:2 - From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed.
- Luke 5:16 - But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.
- Luke 4:42 - Early the next morning Jesus went out to an isolated place.
- Matthew 14:23 - After sending them home, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone.
- Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
- Jeremiah 32:17 - O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you!
- Philippians 4:8-9 - Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things…and the God of peace will be with you.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 105:4 - Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
- Luke 9:23 - Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me."
- James 1:5 - If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 - Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
- Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God; to those who are called according to His purpose.
- Joshua 1:9 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be terrified, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Craving some community with like-minded women?
Come join us in the Simply Life on Purpose Facebook community, where just women like you gather every day to be encouraged in their journey to live on purpose for God's glory.
The best part? It's totally free! All you have to do is click the button below to request to join. See you soon!
We Appreciate You!
If you loved the show, come on over and leave a rating and review, which helps other women like you get connected with the Simply, Life on Purpose movement.