For all you parents out there, its' no secret....raising kids isn't easy! We are constantly being stretched and challenged to grow right along with our kids as we figure out how to best bring them up so they'll be well-prepared for the rest of their lives.
In this episode I'm joined by my awesome friend Samantha Munoz to discuss all things purposeful parenting and how we can leverage the power of story to help us raise our kids.
As the author of The Intentional Bookshelf, Creator of The Intentional Book Club, and a mama herself Sam knows her stuff and has blessed me and my kids SO much with her philosophy of using books to parent with intention.
What You'll Hear:
- Sam's journey to motherhood and why she began turning to children's books to help her raise her daughter in another country, away from family
- The philosophy behind cultivating an intentional bookshelf
- How to leverage the power of children's books to parent with purpose
- Practical tips and steps to cultivating your own intentional bookshelf
- How Sam is making it easier than ever for parents to find the best books for their kids
Links & References:
- Addison Reads Blog
- The Intentional Bookshelf
- The Intentional Book Club
- Essentialism: The Discipline Pursuit of Less
All About Samantha:
Samantha Munoz is a mother, wife, engineer, bibliophile and avid coffee drinker. She is also the expert kid's lit curator at Addison Reads, author of The Intentional Bookshelf and founder of The Intentional Book Club. Once a seriously overwhelmed and stressed out parent herself, Sam turned to children's literature for the answers to all of her parenting dilemmas. Now Sam helps parents as they search for the perfect books for their little ones and helps moms and dads build libraries with purpose.
We Appreciate You!
If you loved the show, come on over and leave a rating and review, which helps other women like you get connected with the Simply, Life on Purpose movement.