We are about to open a huge can of worms here as we dig into one of my favorite (sometimes taboo) subjects...SEX! Here at The Better Life Project™ we are all about learning, growing and getting better in all areas of life, and the area of our sexuality isn't excluded!
But, the reality is so many of us are walking around carrying loads of baggage surrounding our sexuality, past and present, and in order to experience the fullness of God's design for our sexuality, we have to dig in and do the work of processing these things out to find healing.
In this episode I'm joined by my friend Phylicia Masonheimer, Founder of Driven Women and author of Christian Cosmo, for a conversation about reframing what godly sexuality looks like, overcoming and finding healing from sexual sin, and working to end the stigma surrounding female sexuality in our culture as followers of Christ.
What You'll Hear:
- Our personal stories, struggles, and the lessons we've learned surrounding godly sexuality
- A grace-filled, encouraging reminder that you are NOT alone in any of your struggles (past or present!)
- Purposeful, practical advice for overcoming and dealing with sexual sin individually, and within marriage
- What healthy, beautiful, godly sexuality can look like (and why we believe it's possible for you!)
- A candid discussion about sex after kids and our experience with home birth
- How to be confident in leading the way as you raise your kids with a healthy, godly perspective of sexuality
Links & References:
- Phylicia's Website
- Follow Phylicia on Instagram and Facebook
- Christian Cosmo (Use code: PURPOSE20 to receive 20% off!)
- Phylicia's FREE Lust-Free Living Email Course
- Phylicia's FREE Overcomer's Email Course
- Love & Sex by Nancy Houston
- Rethinking Sexuality by Juli Slattery
All About Phylicia:
Phylicia Masonheimer is an author, speaker, and founder of Driven Women where she teaches strong-hearted women live driven by the Spirit of God, to accomplish the will of God in work, home, and world. Her mission is to show how the Bible applies to our relationships, careers, and habits: abundant life, practically. She lives with her husband and daughters in northern Michigan.
Join Us in The Better Life Podcast Community!
Each week we gather to cheer each other on as we work to build better lives right where we're at. Come join us for great conversations surrounding the weekly podcast episodes, and to connect with other like-minded women in a positive, uplifting space.