Technology can be amazing for so many reasons: in a lot of ways it makes our life easier, simpler, more efficient, and more enjoyable.
But if we're not careful, things can get out of hand really quickly!
In this episode I’m joined by my friend Bethany Baker, the Executive Director of A-GAP, a nonprofit organization that hosts weekend retreat experiences designed to help people create space to hear the whisper of God in a technology-free environment.
We’re digging into why there’s such a need for us to be intentional in setting healthy boundaries with technology, so that we can learn be fully present and engaged in our lives.
We hope that this conversation and the many practical tips we share will encourage and help you to be intentional in how you choose to allow technology to influence your life.
What You'll Hear:
- How technology can steal your time, attention, and focus
- Shocking statistics about modern technology use that will challenge you to evaluate the role of technology in your own life
- How technology can negatively impact your sleep, relationships, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health
- The positive effects of implementing mindful technology boundaries and practical ideas to start taking action
- The vision and mission behind A-GAP and the weekend retreat experiences they host to help people create space to find clarity, unity, and simplicity in a technology-free environment
Links & References:
- A-GAP Website
- Follow A-GAP on Instagram
- Bethany's email address
- Abundant Simplicity: Discovering the Unhurried Rhythms of Grace by Jan Johnson
- When the Soul Listens: Finding Rest and Direction in Contemplative Prayer by Jan Johnson
- Screens and Teens: Connecting with our Kids in a Wireless World by Kathy Koch
- 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping us Hooked by Adam Alter
- Off: Your Digital Detox for a Better Life by Tanya Goodin
- Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives by Dr. Richard Swenson
- Moment App
All About Bethany & A-GAP:
Bethany Baker is the Executive Director of A-GAP, a nonprofit startup on a mission to help people create space to hear the whisper of God in a technology free environment. She has a passion for connecting people, living mindfully, and creating space for what matters most, which A-GAP gives her the chance to pursue wholeheartedly. Bethany lives in Vero Beach, FL with her husband Kaleb.
Join A-GAP for a tech-free weekend getaway!
Are you ready to create space in your life to hear the whisper of God as you seek clarity, unity, and simplicity? Click below to learn more and apply to participate in a weekend journey with A-GAP.
Want to dig deeper? Join us in The Sisterhood!
The Simply Life on Purpose Sisterhood, an online monthly membership community created to give listeners like you the tools, action steps, and community you need to finally get unstuck, make progress toward your goals and live your best life, for God’s glory!
We Appreciate You!
If you loved the show, come on over and leave a rating and review, which helps other women like you get connected with the Simply, Life on Purpose movement.