In this episode we are going to explore exactly what it takes to effectively change our habits and develop routines that work for our lives.
I’m going to share some of the latest research on habit formation as well as break down some habits I’m working on developing in 2018, along with the newly revamped routines I’m working on establishing in my life.
My hope is that you’ll walk away from this episode ready to evaluate your life, habits and routines and confidently work toward improving the areas that matter most to you this year.
What You'll Hear:
- The difference between and definitions of "habits" and "routines"
- The connection between our habits, routines and satisfaction with life
- What the "habit loop" is (and how understanding it can change your life!)
- Why having a plan and a system are essential to changing your habits successfully
- The habits I'm working on developing in 2018
- How to put your life in order with good routines that work for you
- How to use routines to reduce decision fatigue
- Why it's important to "make it hard to say no" when creating new habits
- Why you shouldn't try to do things from memory
- How to narrow your focus so you're not trying to change too much at once
- My updated rhythms and routines for 2018
Links & References:
- [FREE] Reset Your Habits & Routines Workbook
- Cultivate What Matters Powersheets
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The 3 R’s of Habit Change by James Clear
- How Habits Work by Charles Duhigg
- [FREE] Trello Quickstart Guide
- Simplify with Trello Course
- Whole 30
- I Will Be Confident by Elevation Church
- I Will Fight by Elevation Church
- I Can Handle It by Elevation Church
- Do It Again by Elevation Church
Ready to reset your habits and routines?
Grab this FREE downloadable workbook to help you identify the habits you want to change, how to change them, and how to develop new rhythms & routines that work for you!
We Appreciate You!
If you loved the show, come on over and leave a rating and review, which helps other women like you get connected with the Simply, Life on Purpose movement.