“The quieter you become, the more you can hear.” ― Ram Dass
Over the past few years God has been doing some serious work in my heart and mind, and recently I noticed something distinctly different about the way I live now, versus the way I lived just six months ago.
In this episode I’m going to share all about how God has been teaching me the power of pause, what the process and results of learning to pause has looked like for me, and 5 reasons I believe we all need to learn when and how to hit pause in our lives.
What You'll Hear:
- What it means and looks like to "press pause" in your life
- 5 practical benefits of pressing pause in your life
- How pausing can give us fresh perspective, greater focus, and clearer direction
- Why practicing "pause" can lead to greater self-control over our emotional reactions
- A biblical perspective on rest
- Why I believe you were created to be fully present and enjoy your life
Links & References:
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- A-GAP Weekend Journey
- Psalm 46:10 - “Be still, and know that I am God!”
- Romans 12:2 - “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
- Genesis 2:2-3 - “By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.”
- Exodus 20:8-10 - “Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God.”
- Psalm 127:2 - “It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones.”
- Matthew 11:28 - “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”
- Mark 6:31 - “Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
- Ecclesiastes 2:24-25 - “So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God. For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him?”
- Ecclesiastes 6:9 - “Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless—like chasing the wind.”
Ready to live on purpose, but don't know where to start?
Grab your FREE Purposeful Life Toolkit, filled with all my favorite resources that will help you live on purpose in your faith, wellness, marriage, motherhood, and more
We Appreciate You!
If you loved the show, come on over and leave a rating and review, which helps other women like you get connected with the Simply, Life on Purpose movement.