In this episode I’m joined by my amazing friend and certified professional life coach Natalie Hixson, to have an honest and transparent conversation about how to deal with anger as a wife and mom.
As women who have both struggled big time in this area we wanted to address it head on for the sake of hopefully being an encouragement to any of you who are walking through your own struggles with anger and it’s impact on your family.
You’ll hear us share personal stories of both our trials and triumphs, and what we’ve learned over the years that has helped us heal, grow, and learn to deal with our anger from a healthier place.
What You'll Hear:
- Our personal stories of dealing with anger in our lives
- The different root causes and triggers of anger
- The power of generational strongholds
- Why nothing is too big for God’s redeeming, restoring power
- How developing awareness and mindfulness can help
- Examples of leading by example with your kids
- How hormones could be contributing to your struggle with anger
- How to know when you need professional help
- The importance of being mindful about your language
- Why anger is natural and how to deal with it properly
- The transformative power of spending regular time with God
Links & References:
- Check out Natalie's website
- Follow Natalie on Instagram
- Follow Natalie on Facebook
- Download Natalie's FREE Soul Refresher
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 800.273.8255
- National Parent Helpline - 855.427.2736
- Faithful Counseling
- Find a Christian therapist
- Focus on the Family counseling services & referrals
- She's Gonna Blow: Real Help for Moms Dealing with Anger
- From Grouchy to Great: Finding Joy in the Journey of Motherhood
- When Anger Hurts Your Kids: A Parent's Guide
All About Natalie:
Natalie Hixson is a wife, mom, author and Certified Professional Life Coach. Her mission and passion is to help discouraged and exhausted Christian moms find their unique identity and sense of purpose so they can live joyful, fulfilled, and confident lives. She lives in Bozeman, Montana with her husband, three daughters, and a few pets.
Want to dig deeper? Join us in The Sisterhood!
The Simply Life on Purpose Sisterhood, an online monthly membership community created to give listeners like you the tools, action steps, and community you need to finally get unstuck, make progress toward your goals and live your best life, for God’s glory!
We Appreciate You!
If you loved the show, come on over and leave a rating and review, which helps other women like you get connected with the Simply, Life on Purpose movement.