I have a confession: sometimes I really struggle to be kind....both to myself, and to the ones I love.
When you're in the thick of it as a busy wife and mom with a full plate, it can be so hard to live from a place of kindness, love and compassion.
But we always have a choice, and we can always choose to intentionally cultivate what we want to see more of in our lives (no matter how many times we might fail!)
During this conversation you’ll hear us explore why God calls us to show kindness, what it means to live a life of generosity, and practical ideas for incorporating kindness into your everyday life while teaching it to your kids!
This episode is sure to encourage you right where you're at, while also equipping you with some awesome, practical ideas for cultivating kindness in your own life and family.
What You'll Hear:
- Why God calls us to show kindness (and how He promises to help us walk it out)
- The difference between being “nice” and being “kind
- What kindness and mercy have in common
- How we can intentionally cultivate kindness right where we are
- Why sometimes we need a fresh perspective in order to find compassion
- How to encourage your kids to practice kindness in their everyday lives
Links & References:
- The Ruth Experience Blog
- The One Year Daily Acts of Kindness Devotional
- All Good Things Collective
- Follow The Ruth Experience on Instagram
- Follow The Ruth Experience on Facebook
- Join The Intentional Kindness Community
- 10 Ways to Be Kind to Your Neighbor
- 4 Easy Ways to Incorporate Kindness Each Month
- 10 Ways to Teach Your Children to be More Grateful
- 10 Easy Ways to Practice Kindness This Year
- FREE Kindness Downloads: The 7-Day Kindness Challenge, 20 Kind Acts That Are Free, and a 7-Day Advent Sampler
All About The Ruth Experience:
Kristin Demery, Kendra Roehl, and Julie Fisk are three friends whose lives are intertwined as writers, speakers, wives, moms, and world-changers. They believe in the immense power of authentic community and of intentionally living one’s faith out loud through simple acts of kindness. Together, they have coauthored four books, including their most recent, The One Year Daily Acts of Kindness Devotional.
Grab your copy today!
In The One Year Daily Acts of Kindness Devotional you'll find Scripture passages and inspirational personal stories about why God calls us to show kindness, what it means to live a life of generosity, and how you can incorporate kindness into your everyday routine (and teach it to your kids!) with tons of simple, easy-to-do ideas.
Want to dig deeper? Join us in The Sisterhood!
The Simply Life on Purpose Sisterhood, an online monthly membership community created to give listeners like you the tools, action steps, and community you need to finally get unstuck, make progress toward your goals and live your best life, for God’s glory!
We Appreciate You!
If you loved the show, come on over and leave a rating and review, which helps other women like you get connected with the Simply, Life on Purpose movement.